Gokyo-Cho La Pass trek is one of the popular trekking route situated west of Khumbu Region which offers rich meadows, vista of the striking mountains, Ngozumpa Glaciers and pure turquoise lakes. Gokyo valley has a compilation of stone houses and walled meadows on the seashore of a great lake. Trekking to Cho La Pass via Gokyo Lake offers magnificent views of stunning Himalayan peaks and rich Tibetan culture in Sherpa villages.
Gokyo Cho-La Pass trekking begins with a scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla in about 45 minutes. Trekking starts from Lukla to Phakding heading to Namche Bazaar following the bank of Dudh Koshi River. The trail to Gokyo passes through patches of birch and rhododendron forest and small yak-grazing settlements. In Gokyo Valley we will visit the beautiful Gokyo Lake situated on the west area of the Ngozumpa Glacier and the Gokyo Peak (5480m) where we can view stunning summit mountain scenery including Everest, Makalu and Cho Oyo.
The Gokyo Ri is the most rewarding part of the trip around witnessing different mountain panorama, local culture and plants and animals. After the Cho La pass, we reach Dzong La that offers the amazing views of Ama Dablam and Taweche. We setup a camp at Gorakshep climb to Kalapathar (5545m) for other stunning views of the encircling mountains as well as the black pebbly walls of Mt. Everest south-west face. We return through Tengboche that consists of old but fascinating monastery which also offers incredible scenery of Everest, Ama Dablam, Kantega, Kwangde, Nuptse, Lhotse and many more trekking peaks of the Khumbu Himalaya range. Although the trekking is relatively difficult but it offers the excellent views of high Himalayas and panoramic view of glacier lakes in Gokyo valley.
During the Gokyo Chola Pass trekking you will encounter with various local villages, monasteries which gives you delight into the Buddhist religion, culture and tradition. Gokyo Chola Pass trekking will be your life most adventure holidays with sweet memories.
| Trip fact|
Starting from:Lukla -30 minut fky from Kathmandu
End at: Kathmandu
Grade:Moderat to strenuous
Maximum altirud: Gokyo RI-5350m
Mode of trekking tour: Tea house or camping trek
Accommodation:Hotel,lodge and Tea house
Transportation:Flight,private car or tourist Bus
- Day01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu,You are welcomed by hospitable meeting and then you will be transferred to hotel.Our airport representative explain briefly the program and preparatiom for trek.
- Day 02:Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla –Trek to Phkding(2652m) 4hrs
- Day 03:Phakding to Namche Bazar (3440m) 6hrs
- Day 04:Acclimatization day in Namche Bazar-Hike to Khumgungvillage then back to Hotel in Namche Bazar
- Day 05:Namche Bazar to Dole (4200m) 5 hrs
- Day 06:Dole to Machhermo (4400m) 5hrs
- Day 07:Machherme to Gokyo Lake (4700m) 4 Hrs
- Day 08:Early morning Hike to Gokyo RI (5360M) after breakfast trek to Dole(4200m)5hrs
- Day 09:Dole to Namche Bazar ( 6hrs
- Day 10:Namche Bazar to Lukla (7hrs
- Day 11:Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu Rest and relaxing day
- Day 12: Our representative will drop you to international Airport(TIA) to assist you to depatureto your home destination or next travel destination.