Mustang region to the upper part northwest from Pokhara lies in the rain shadow of the Himalayas which offers beautiful unique landscape rich in cultural heritages. Mustang is largely dry and arid with annual precipitation due to the rain shadow of the Annapurna massif and the Dhaulagiri Range towards the south. The desert like geography of the Mustang is similar to the Tibetan plateau as the land is less fertile and almost all the part of the Mustang is barren and treeless. The lifestyle of people mostly depends on tourism, animal husbandry and trade around Tibet.
Mustang Region lies on the remote part of the Himalayan region so sometime Mustang is known as the land beyond the Himalayas. The Mustang trekking offers the taste of the enclave of pristine Tibetan culture and religion with distinct culture, language and tradition. Upper part of the Mustang is the mysterious land for the trekkers. Thousands of visitors join for the Upper Mustang Trekking every year. Lower part of Mustang region is easy accessible and no special permit is required but Upper Mustang trekking compulsory needs the Special Permit for entry. Mustang trekking is not difficult as the trekking elevation gradually rises from 2800 meters to 3800 meters above the sea level.
Mustang Region Trekking starts with flight from Pokhara to Jomsom. On the way to Mustang we can explore wonderful landscape with cliffs, picturesque of wonderful village, various beautiful Tibetan monasteries and many beautiful snowcapped mountains. During the Mustang trekking one can enjoy the beautiful views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri and other several mountain peaks. Spring, summer and early winter are the best season for Mustang Region Trek.
| Trekking duration:15Days|
Maximum altitude:Lo-Manthang 3840m
Culture:Mixed Bramin,chhetri,Gurung,Magar,Thakali and Tibetain Culture
Mode of Trekking tour:Camping Trekking or Tea House.
Himalayasights:Annapurna-Himalaya range,Dhaulagiri,Nilgiri,Fishtail,Hiuchuli and Lamjung Himal.
- Day 01:Arrive at Tribhuban International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu,you are welcome by our hospitable staff and then you will be transferred to hotel.Our airport representative will explain briefly the program and preparation for trek.
- Day 02:Kathmandu to Pokhara(915m)By tourist bus or by flight
- Day 03:Pokhara to Jomsom (2720m) by flight and trek to Kagbeni(2810m.
- Day 04:Kgbeni trek to chele (3050m.
- Day o5:Chele trek to Geling (3500m.
- Day 06:Geling trek to Tsarang/Chharang (3620m.
- Day 07:Tsarang/Chharang trek to Lo Manthang (3840m.
- Day 08:Acclimatization or Rest day in Lo Manthang.During this,you can make sightseeing or excursion tour around Mustang King palace and monsteries.
- Day 09:Lo Manthang trek to Ghami (3545m) Via Gekar.
- Day 10:Ghami trek to Ghami (3356m.
- Day 11:Samar trek to Kgbeni
- Day 12:Kagbeni trek to jomsom
- Day 13:After breakfast Jomsom to Pokhar by flight
- Day 14:Pokhara to Kathmandu by private vehicle ,bus or by flight. Over night at hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 15:Transfer to Kathmandu Airport(TIA) For departure to final destination or next destination.
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek Manaslu Trek Langtang Trek Nepal Tour information