Dolpo or Dolpa region is a famous, adventurous and challenging trekking destination situated in far western region of Nepal. Dolpo Region Trek was opened for trekking in 1989 for trekking and adventure holidays. Dolpo trekking offers the untouched and unexplored lifestyle of nomadic people, immaculate beauty of nature and wilderness environment. Many trekkers visit this beautiful land to explore the untouched lifestyle of a remote area of Nepal.
Dolpo trekking provides the real beauty of Himalayas, rich culture, tradition and lifestyle of people along with alpine vegetation makes you more interesting and fascinating. Dolpo is lying in the rain shadow of the Himalayas so very few rains here. The landscape of Dolpo region is like a desert similar to Tibetan Plateau with very less vegetation. The language, culture and traditions here are similar to Tibetan Buddhist. Trekking in Dolpo gives you the different taste of remote areas of Nepal where no modern civilization presents. You can enjoy the age old lifestyle of people without any change from the past few centuries. Dolpo treks stats from the elevation of 1650 meters up to 5136 meters above sea level.
|Trekking duration: 25Days|
Starting from: Jumla after flight from Nepalgunja
End at: Juphal and fly down to Nepalgunja
Grade: Moderat to strenuous and Alpine
Maximum attitude: Kagmara LA(5115m)
Cultural: Mixed western Nepali and Tibetin
Himalayan sight: sisneHimal Range and Kanjiroba Himal
Mode of trekking tour: Camping trek only
- Day 01:Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport(TIA) Kathmandu,You are welcomed by our hospitable representative meeting and thenyou will be transferred to hotel.Our airport representative explain briefly theprogram and preparatiom for trek.
- Day 02:After breakfast,our tour guide will take to you forhistorical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Bhaktapur,pashupatinath,Baudhhanath,Kathmandu durbar square andSwayambhunath(Monkey Temple)and prepar for the Upper Dolpa Trekking becausethis day is required to make Upper Dolpa special Trekking permit with orginalpassport.
- Day 04:Fly to Juphal (Dolpa)Camp in Dunai (4 and half hour walk.
- Day 05:Dunai-Hankhe (4 and half hour walk
- Day 06:Hankhe-Reiji (4 and half hour walk.
- Day 07:Reiji-Phoksundo Lake (3600m) 5 hour walk
- Day 08:Phksundo- Rest/explore around
- Day 09:Phoksundo Lake beach (5 hour walk
- Day 10:Lake beach- Mandala camp (4570m)5hour walk
- Day 11:Mandala camp –Kang La (5240m)Pass shey Gompa(4280m)5 hourwalk
- Day 12:Shey Gompa- Saldang pass (5010m) Namgung (4380m) 5 hourwalk
- Day 13:Namgung- Yanger Gompa (3890m)5 hour walk
- Day 14: Yanger Gompa-Musi Gaon ( 4270m) 6 hour walk
- Day 15:Musi Gaon-Lnag La (5002m) Simi Gaoun (3950m) 6 hour walk
- Day 16:Sime Gaon-Tinja (4150m) 6 hour walk
- Day 17:Tinja-Kheng (4550m) 6 hour walk
- Day 18: Khen-Charka pass (5036m) charka (4365m) 7 hour walk
- Day 19: Charka-yak kharka (4780m) 5 hour walk
- Day 20: Yak Kharka Sangda pass (5490m_ Sangda phedi (5110m) 6 andhalf hour walk
- Day 21:Sang Phedi - Sangda(3909m) 5 hour walk
- Day 22:Sangda -Phale Gaon (2900m) 5 and half hour walk
- Day 23:Phale Gaon-Jomsom (2710m)3 and half hour walk
- Day 24:Fly from Jomsom to Pkhara
- Day 25:Pokhara to Kathmandu byBus or flight